Mon 22 Sep 2008
1. Myeolchi Bokkeum (Stir-fried Anchovies) yummy my fav.
2. Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken Soup)
3. Bulgogi (Grilled Marinated Beef)
4. BulDalk (Burn-your-pants-off Spicy Grilled Chicken)
5. DalkBal (Spicy Chicken Feet) yum there is something about marinated chicken feet!
6. Korean Fried Chicken
7. Dalk Galbi (Stir-fried Marinated Chicken and Veggies)
8. San Nakji, chopped (Semi-live Baby Octopus) I love this haven’t had it for long while.
an Nakji, whole (Live Octopus) Nope. Can’t eat it live, sorry, and besides I nearly choked on the chopped one. I like my life, not to mention I couldn’t do that to a creature.
10. Sundubu Jjigae (Soft Tofu Stew)
11. Juk (Rice Porridge)
12. Galbi (Grilled Short Ribs)
13. Galbitang (Short Rib Soup)
14. Shinseollo (Fancy Hot Pot) Only once so far…
15. Gobchang Gui (Grilled Beef Intestines) I love the marinated ones best!
16. Seng Gan (Raw Beef Liver) not my fav…
17. Galbi Jjim (Stewed Ribs)
18. Bossam (Steamed Marinated Pork with Lettuce Wraps) *sigh* *cry*
19. Japchae (Clear Noodles Stir-fried with Pork and Vegetables)
20. Jaeyuk Bokkeum (Spicy Stir-fried Pork) *drool*
21. Kimchi Jjim (Stewed Kimchi with Tofu)
22. Ddong Jip (Chicken Gizzards) used to eat this in korea, nice and spicy is the best…
23. Odeng/Eomuk (Street-side Fish Noodles) memories, and I have insane cravings..
24. Hoddeok (Stuffed Street-side Pastries) I have a recipe and I don’t know wh I haven’t tried making this already!
25. GeiJang (Raw Fermented Crabs) I want my Oma!! *cry* I love the raw crab muchim better….*sniff*
26. Hongeo (Fermented Skate) only once and never again!
27. Gochujang Samgyeopsal (Grilled Pork Belly Smothered in Red Pepper Paste) LOL oh yes, one of the things I bugged my mom to teach me how to cook it when I was younger…
28. Lotteriaâ€™s Shrimp Burger (nope. Is it worth it?)
29. Sae-u Kang (Shrimp Flavored â€œFriesâ€) Snacks of champions!
30. Doenjang Jjigae (Fermented Bean Paste Stew) I like this better than kimchi jjigae
31. Cheonggukjang (Stinky Fermented Bean Paste Stew) yes, but it is hard to get it outside of korea.
Boshintang (Dog Soup) nope
33. Seonji Haejangguk (Hangover Stew with Clotted Cow Blood) never with the clotted blood. hmmmm
34. Ddeokbokki (Chewy Rice Cakes in Spicy Sauce) when I was a kid I would cry for this when we lived outside of Korea.
35. YukHui (Raw Beef Salad) my Mom and I were the only family members who really enjoyed this dish. *sigh*
36. MiyeokGuk (Seaweed Soup) B-day soup, and one of my favs.
37. Mae-eunTang (Spicy Fish Soup) DH really likes this and so do I!
38. Nakji Bokkeum (Stir-fried Baby Octopus) I am so hungry, this meme is torture.
39. Ojingeo (Dried Cuttlefish) any ways I can get it baby!
40. Beondaeggi (Silkworm Larvae) ate this like it was going out of style when younger not so much now. Mom agrees with me she liked it when she was younger but not now.
41. Golbaenggi (Sea Snails) I have a can of this in my pantry!
42. Jangeo Gui (Grilled Eel) Used to get them fresh in Korea…
43. Jaratang (Turtle Soup) Nope never tried it.
44. Bogeo (Blowfish) nope too expensive…
45. Sae-u Sogeum Gui (Salt Grilled Shrimp)
46. Deodeok Root Does anyone know what this is in english? Bell flower maybe?
47. BindaeDdeok (Mung Bean Pancake)
48. Pajeon (Green Onion Pancake)
49. Bibimbap (Mixed Rice and Vegetables) DH says he could eat this everyday.
50. Boribap (Mixed Barley Rice and Vegetables)
51. Marinated Garlic yeah I love this stuff, but you have to be careful afterwards.
52. Patbingsu (Shaved Ice and Red Bean Treat)
53. Dotorimok (Acorn Jelly) I wish they had this in germany…I guess I could learn to make it for myself.
54. Naengmyeon (Chilled Noodles) best during summer.
55. Makkoli/Dongdongju (Rice Beer)
56. Bokbunja (Raspberry Wine)
57. Soju (Rice Whiskey)
58. Andong Soju (Strong Rice Whiskey from the Andong Region) nope never had this
59. Jogae Gui (Grilled Shellfish)
60. Haepari (Jellyfish) had it for my wedding.
61. Gyeran Jjim (Steamed Egg)
62. Corn Ice Cream
63. Dolsot Bibimbap (Mixed Rice and Vegetables in a Sizzling Stone Pot) yummy crispy rice.
64. Mandu (Stuffed Dumplings)
65. Ddeokguk (Chewy Rice Cake Soup)
66. Songpyeon (Stuffed Chewy Rice Cakes) my fav is the one with sesame seeds.
67. Hot Bar (Fried Fish Batter Street Food)
68. Shikhye (Sweet Rice Punch) YUM
69. Any product with Green Tea in it
70. Gujeolpan (Nine-section Dish)
71. Yogurt Soju Cocktail
72. Baechu Kimchi (Cabbage Kimchi)
73. Any Kimchi thatâ€™s over 3 years old Bubbly tingly on the tongue.
74. Baek Kimchi (White Cabbage Kimchi)
75. Shake-â€™em-up Dosirak But it wasn’t on purpose, it just happens.
76. Mul Kimchi (Water Kimchi) I want my MOM! *sniff*
77. Oi Sobagi (Stuffed Cucumber Kimchi)
78. Ggakdugi (Cubed Radish Kimchi)
79. Sae-u Jeot (Salted Tiny Shrimp)
80. Myeongran Jeot (Salted Pollack Roe) LOL YUM!
81. Changran Jeot (Salted Pollack Guts)
82. Ssamjang (Mixed Soybean and Pepper Paste)
83. Kalguksu (Hand-cut Noodle Soup)
84. Ramyeon (Ramen Noodles) in a Tin Pot Only way to have it when I was a kid.
85. Entire Hui Meal (Korean style Sashimi) but I was a kid so anyone wanna pay for it?
86. Gimbap (Seaweed Rice Rolls)
87. Jokbal (Pigs Feet) I am really getting hungry!
88. Sundae (Blood and Noodle Sausage)
89. Yeot (Traditional Korean Candy)
90. Naengi (Shepherdâ€™s Purse)
91. Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi Stew)
92. Budae Jjigae (â€œArmy Baseâ€ Stew, traditionally including hot dogs and Spam)
93. Agu Jjim (Stewed Monkfish) nope never tried it.
94. Haemultang (Seafood Soup)
95. Nurungji (Hot Water Mixed with Rice Scrapings in a Stone Pot)
96. Sujebi (Rustic Dumpling Soup) I had mom teach me to make this before I left for Germany. She still makes fun of my sujaebi noodles. Most older generations don’t like this because rice/food was short after the war.
97. Janchi Guksu (Thin Noodles in a Seaweed Broth with Condiments) one of the easiest things to make when you are homesick for korean food.
98. BungeoBbang (Goldfish-shaped Stuffed Pastry)
99. Raw Ginseng or anything with Ginseng in it
100. MakHui (Chilled Sashimi Soup)
Well I have only about a 93 94 on this list. One I have never had the haejang guk with the blood, and there are a couple I don’t want to try, or never had the chance to eat. I hope you enjoyed reading this list. Why not give this list a try.